Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Red, White, & Blue


Late last week I started to feel the familiar pre-AF cramping, along with my typical spotting. My biggest initial disappointment was that I still felt cramps! I had hopes that clearing out the endometriosis might alleviate these; alas, not yet. AF came in all her glory Saturday, and definitely gave me a run for my money. She was heavier than she's ever been day 1, which I wasn't prepared for (cue us on our 2.5 hour drive to Houston, me frantically texting all my cousins to see who might have extra tampons. Score with a cousin who was currently at Wal-Mart!)

My concern with this cycle was that I only had a 10-11 day luteal phase, which is toward the shorter end for conception (my usual luteal phases are 12-13 days). I figure my body is starting 'fresh' again, re-learning its system & hormones now that the foreign endometrial tissue has been removed. And it may take a few months for everything to truly 'take,' which is why I didn't have an emotional melt-down with AF. I am keeping my emotions in check, and figure it is as if we are JUST starting to "try" again- and I need to be patient with the process (while also staying proactive!).

So July 4th found me showing my modern American colors of red, white, & blue: red (giving my cycle day 3 blood), white (my face as said blood was drawn), and blue (that good 'ole blue vein that always bruises after giving blood). Today I see Dr. Vaughn for my first round of clomid post-surgery, and we'll continue with a few months of clomid + IUI, with acupuncture thrown in for good measure. Heat flashes in 100++ degree weather? Awesome! But it will all be worth it when our little ones decide it's time to join the family-- the window of opportunity is wide open.

No comments:

Post a Comment