Tuesday, March 22, 2016

22 Week Updates: Baby 2.0

How far along? 22 weeks today!

How big is baby? Baby is estimated around 11 inches in length and 1 pound in weight. Baby is now sleeping in cycles- up to 12-14 hours/day. I definitely know when she is awake due to all the kicks in various locations around my tummy! This little one doesn't stay in one place; I was reading back to Iyla's 22 week updates and noted that I always felt her on my right side. This one? Right, left, up, down- she definitely likes to boogie in there.

Weight gain? I wasn't able to weigh in last week due to our trip to Wimberley, but this morning the scale read 129 pounds- so only about a 1.4 pound gain during the last TWO weeks. Definitely a slowdown, though my belly continues to grow. 19 pound total gain so far in this pregnancy.

And no, I don't have white smears all over my pants! This mirror always gives off strange light reflections.

Sleep? Overall still doing well there, with the occasional restless night. I slept really really well in Wimberley, and not so well during our time in Houston (due to a certain 3 year old roommate I had!)

Food cravings/aversions? I continue to have aversions to seafood and anything complex in flavor. I crave sweet things on a daily basis- nothing specific, though the thought of hot fudge sundaes does make me swoon.

Symptoms? I think I have finally gotten used to my sore hips and thighs. I do nightly yoga stretches and also roll out my back with a ball to alleviate the tightness and pain. Yesterday evening I was in a LOT of pain, which is usually my body's way of telling me I overdid it during the day and was on my feet too much. It doesn't take a whole lot to push me into the pain threshold, so I definitely have to take it way easier than normal these days!

Big sister? Iyla seems to have grown up quite a bit in the past week. Her language skills are advancing a lot, and she is now trying to negotiate things on a daily basis. And if she doesn't get her way, LOOK OUT! Full on pleading "pleeeeeeeeeease" quickly followed by very emotive tantrums. These usually revolve around her wanting to watch "just one more itsy bitsy video."

Iyla loves helping me decorate for Holidays, so I put her to work designing our Easter window display and helping place bunnies and chicks around the house. She's actually been a really good helper overall lately, happily helping clean up her toys, set the table, and fetch things upon request.


She also likes to occasionally ask me "am I going to be a big sister?" It's the sweetest, and I truly hope that when the time comes she genuinely enjoys this new title and role! 


Most looking forward to? I have a special ultrasound tomorrow morning to look at baby's heart (there wasn't anything alarming prompting this visit- it was an optional appointment recommended by my doc due to IVF babies having a higher risk for heart defects). I'm excited to see the baby again! I am also looking forward to date night with BC Thursday, as it's been over two weeks since he and I were able to connect sans toddler interruptions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment