Tuesday, April 12, 2016

25 Week Updates: Baby 2.0

How far along? 25 weeks today!

How big is baby? My baby apps estimate her around 13.5 inches, 1.5 pounds. She's apparently starting to look more and more like a newborn, with baby fat accumulating. This week capillaries start developing in her lungs to ready them for life outside the womb, and her nostrils- which have been closed up until now- open, allowing her to practice "breathing" in the womb. Amazing!

How big is Mama? Up a little more than a pound from last week (1.4 pounds), for a weigh in this morning at 133.8 pounds.


Sleep? Actually pretty decent this week! Still taking 1/2 a Unisom nightly. I've also started a nightly routine of purposefully "connecting" with baby before I fall asleep; putting my hands on my belly and breathing in energy directly to her, setting my wishes and intentions for her life (things along the lines of good health & a long life, joy, and having a strong sense of self and self-love). I also have a pact with her that she needs to be at least 37 weeks along and 6 pounds before she can make her debut! Amazingly enough, every time I do this little ritual she starts moving and kicking like crazy. It's pretty awesome.

Food cravings/aversions? Nothing new or notable…

Symptoms?

*Good gracious has BABY BRAIN taken over. I have no idea what the official scientific reasoning for this phenomemom are, but my amateur observation is that there seems to be a direct correlation between the size of my belly and how much blood flow actually makes it to my brain. Last night I had to get up out of bed no less than 4 times to do routine things I'd somehow forgotten (like taking my magnesium pill and taking my 25 week photos, etc).

*The baby apps talk about how I might be noticing thicker, more luxurious locks of hair during pregnancy. Well, I seem to be LOSING hair at a rate reminiscent of the Great Postpartum Hair Loss with Iyla. That stuff isn't supposed to fall out until after you give birth- so what gives? It makes me very nervous for the postpartum hair loss with this kid….with the way things are going I may legitimately end up bald.

*Hips/back/thighs still constantly a struggle. I did venture out on a walk to the park with Iyla yesterday for the first time in a LONG time… and… I made it. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't fast, but I was very proud of myself (and very sore by the end of the night).

Big sister? A couple of my favorite recent Iyla quotes:

"I love you in the moonlight." We have no idea where that came from, but it is soooo sweet!

Whenever I tell Iyla something about 'when I was a little girl,' (as in: 'those were my ponies when I was a little girl!) she always, ALWAYS says to me: "I loved you when you were a little girl." Cue my heart exploding! And my frou-frou ways wondering if this little soul has always been watching me and connected to me during my time here in this life.

A few shots from Iyla's past week:

Breakfast out with Papa

Excited for another school day!

Teaming up for swim lesson back floats

Big girl swing at the park

Sass before school

Most looking forward to? We are going to take Iyla on her first ever camping trip this coming weekend (weather permitting) for a little friend's birthday camp out party! I am a bit nervous about tent sleeping at 6+ months pregnant, but excited to see Iyla experience the magic that is camping.

I'm also excited to start going shopping for nursery furniture. I've been collecting ideas on a Pinterest board, and my 'vision' right now is to paint the walls a subtle blue-gray (Restoration Hardware's "Silver Sage")- and have white curtains, a white or gray chair, and a white rug. The baby's bedding is primarily turquoise with pink and yellow accents, so I'll play off those colors in the room as well. I had been planning on dark wood furniture like the rest of our house has, but this week have done a 180 and think we may go with a white crib and dresser!

Baby's bedding

Inspiration picture

This is very close to the color the walls will be

I'm definitely enjoying the creative challenge of putting a new room together!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! LOVE the nursery designs, and of course, Iyla is adorable, as always.

    ReplyDelete