Monday, April 10, 2017

First Tooth for Eloise!

I am totally astonished.

Yesterday (April 9th) when I was getting Eloise dressed for her day, I noticed that she had a brand new little tooth poking through her bottom right gum! I must say I did NOT expect to see any teeth this early, given Iyla's first tooth (an upper one!) came in at FIFTEEN months old.

But lo and behold, there it 'tis. Eloise Jane has gotten her very first tooth at 8.5 months old, and I'm sure there are many more to quickly follow.

Thankfully she seemed to weather the eruption with the same panache as Iyla always did, as there wasn't any excessive discomfort or pain I could see associated with the tooth breaking through. Now Eloise HAS been biting down and chewing on things a lot, but she's been doing that since around 4 months old. The ONLY strange thing that might be correlated is that on the morning prior to said tooth making its appearance Eloise awoke uncharacteristically early at 5:30am. I waited until 6 to see if she'd go back to sleep, and when it was clear she wasn't I went in to nurse. I then tried to lay her back down to sleep again, which she also wasn't having. And this is a babe who usually sleeps until 6:45-7am, so that was definitely out of the norm.

It's just another indication as to how DIFFERENT our two girls are, and how set little sister is on catching up to her big sister in every way. Given how much Eloise LOVES food, it's no wonder she is hard wired to get in her teeth sooner. Totally Papa's genes at play there.

So exciting!

Sweet Eloise Jane, catching up to big sister one tooth at a time (tooth not pictured)

No comments:

Post a Comment