Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Good Morning

Guess who slept from 8pm to 6:30am this morning STRAIGHT?

This girl!

Numbers of hours asleep? 10.5
Number of times I woke up and stared at the monitor to make sure she was still in there and alive? 4

I have been doing this parenting thing long enough to know it's foolish to think this is a new "thing," but it IS one small step in the right direction!. She also woke up with a dry diaper & proceeded to do a #1 and #2 on her potty. Proud Mama here.

In other updates, yesterday Iyla discovered that in addition to grabbing her toes, she could eat them:


And her new baby bouncer/activity center arrived! Admittedly looking at it makes me want to throw up a little bit- I have such a huge adverse reaction to big hunks of colorful baby plastic... but that is MY stuff, and I knew that having something to play in that kept her upright (her FAV position and needed for that little head to straighten out!) was necessary. 

It's like Disneyland exploded in my office

We also had our first family picnic down by the water last night. Lately Iyla hasn't been wanting to sleep through our going out to eat, so this was a wonderful compromise and was enjoyed by all. Thanks to BC for planning this outing!

She just wants to be part of the action

Today I'm working on filling up on my ME time and getting more balanced. The last couple of weeks have been rough on me with Iyla's transition into her own room. It's a strange mix of the most extreme PMS with a lot of anxiety going on in my body. I feel like my hormones are restructuring themselves now what she isn't near me all night long and nursing as often. Admittedly I have been super short with BC and not the most fun to be around. I'm trying to stay mindful of what I need- and small solo outings (like working from my fav coffee shop the last 2 mornings) go a long way toward filling me up. 

More long nights of sleep can't hurt either... go Iyla Grace! : )

2 comments:

  1. Awesome news! Go Iyla! Now do that again tonight! :) Both of my boys have slept through the night now, but not at the same time. Baby steps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, Iyla! May you get more nights like that. I'd love half of that. Heheh

    ReplyDelete