Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Things you may not know about me....

I was recently tagged by a fellow blogger to share 7 things people may not know about me. Thanks so much to Belle at Scrambled Eggs for the TMI award!


The rules go like this:

  • Thank the person who passed the award on to you. 
  • List 7 things that people may not know about you.
  • Pass the award to 15 other bloggers and don’t forget to notify them as well. (I definitely don't have 15 other bloggers to pass to- I'm a newbie- but will tag who I can!) 
Here's my list:

1. I can cut off my entire pinkie toenail and not feel any pain. I think it is because I have freakishly wide feet, and those pinkies are like extra appendages stuck on as an afterthought. I would cut off my entire pinkie toe if I could, b/c it would open up a whole new world of cute slender heels and ballet dancing. *Sigh*

2. I am a Crazy Cat Lady. I always had cats growing up, and had 3 of my own in my adult life (actually had gotten a 4th kitten, but he sadly got FIV and passed early). My ex and I had 5 cats together, and I would have had 5 with Babycakes, but when we moved in together he decided to find new homes for his 2, lest we become a Crazy Cat Couple (a label I am totally comfortable with). I really really want one of Miss Priss' kittens, but BC mumbled something along the lines of 'over his dead body,' and hey, I need that body to make the babies. So there it is.

Mr. Otis, Zoey Dulcinea Lady Bird Johnson Lu Adams-Lambert (RIP), & Sam Johnson

3. I was raised in a somewhat unusual religion called Christian Science. People always mix it up with Scientology- which it is most definitely NOT. Most Christian Science families do not take medicine or go to doctors but rely on prayer for healings. I directly credit my upbringing in CS for much of my spiritual foundation, and also for the fact that I am now a total hypochondriac. I seriously love talking about medicine & injuries & surgeries. I take Advil for cramps and get antibiotics for fevers. Hey, I'm even using modern meds to try to make a baby! I fell off the Christian Science wagon the summer before my senior year of high school. I was away at CS summer camp and contracted a nasty flu bug. Lying there in agony, folks around me prayed to God for my healing. I prayed for drugs.

4. I am completely obsessed with the St. Nicholas Square Christmas Village. I first witnessed this magical sight at my mother-in-law's home 2 years ago and was smitten. For my birthday last year she sent me a few pieces to start my own village with. The JOY! Akin to what I felt when I got my first Cabbage Patch Kid in 4th grade. Total geek. I may or may not have picked up 5 new village buildings yesterday. It's becoming a problem.

                               Behold: the magic of the Christmas Village!


5.  I have what stylists call "Virgin Hair." Not a speck of hair dye/color in it. Both times I tried highlights I cried (one exception: in 8th grade I bleached my hair with sun-in and it turned orange. I thought I looked cool). I also have a groovy gray streak forming at my left temple. I figure I'll keep it there until it ravages and takes over the Virgin Hair- at that point, it may be time for a divine intervention.

                                               Sun-in + lasers = magic


6.  I have a freakish talent with the trumpet. I picked it up in 5th grade and quickly became first chair throughout middle and high school, without EVER practicing. I felt like a nerd the whole time- which is why I quit band in 12th grade to take Painting & Human Growth and Development classes (you know, where you get to carry around Cabbage Patch babies? Hmmm... maybe that is why I didn't score any college scholarships.....)

7.  Jobs I've held out of college (b/c there is SO much you can do with a Psych degree!) have included full time Nanny (one of my favs), 5th grade teacher, and now full time Realtor. Jobs I might still like to explore when I grow up: Relationship & Family Counseling and/or Photography.

8. My favorite number is 8. Yes, I know the rules said to list 7 things- but I figured this one was appropriate. 8 is infinity. It is my birthday number (Scorpio!). It is also the numerology of our current and previous home addresses, and represents prosperity. What's not to love?

And here are the folks I'd like to tag, all with excellent blogs definitely worth checking out!

Abby at Learning 2 Remember
Julie at Just Jules Everyday
Jen at Maybe If You Just Relax (one of the first infertility blogs I stalked)
Babycakes at Lambasted
Sara at Feeding the Soil
Beverly at A Baby? Maybe
Angie at Love is Spoken Here
Pufferfish at Puffer and the Baby Fishies
Belle at Scrambled Eggs (not sure tag-backs are allowed, but I'm struggling here!)



No comments:

Post a Comment