Wednesday, May 11, 2016

29 Week Updates: Baby 2.0

How far along? 29 weeks (yesterday)

How big is baby? I actually got to see her last week for an ultrasound! They estimated she was 2 pounds, 13 ounces and everything was measuring right on track at around the 55th percentile. She was moving all around during the ultrasound, starting in a breech position then moving transverse. On any given day she is still dancing in complete circles all around my tummy- let's hope when she finally settles into THE position it is head down!

Here's one of the best 3D shots we got from the appointment. I still can't get over how much she appears to resemble Iyla as a newborn (see 2nd photo of newborn Iyla):


How big is Mama? This week I've been treated to a noticeable uptick of comments along the lines of:

"You're about to pop!"
"You're so big!"
"When are you due?" (followed by a grimace when I say late July)

Ironically this week has seen the least growth weight wise of the pregnancy! I was only up .6 of a pound this morning, for a total of 139.6. Here's the 29 week belly in all its glory:


Sleep? Still doing well overall there. My hips are always extra achy when I rise to use the restroom in the night, but I am sleeping pretty soundly.

Food cravings/aversions? Same old, same old here.... aversions to seafood and overly rich foods, loving eggs, veggies, red meats, & sweets.

Symptoms?

*Oh man. I got notice yesterday that I FAILED my 1 hour glucose test that screens for gestational diabetes. So on Monday I get treated to a 3 hour follow up test, where I have to fast after midnight the night before and then get my blood drawn 4 times in 3 hours while I am held hostage at the doctor's office, subjected to drinking their sugary glucose drink. And if I fail that test? I officially get diagnosed with gestational diabetes, which means NO MORE SWEETS for the remainder of the pregnancy. Holy hell that would suck...I mean, I'll do whatever I need to do for the heath of the baby, but oh do I hope I pass this 2nd test!

*My hips were amazingly better for the week following that myofascial appointment, but are now noticeably stiffening up again. Starting next week I'm going to see that therapist weekly, so hopefully that will continue to help see me through to the end of this pregnancy.

*My migraines overall have been SO MUCH BETTER.... as in, I can only count two since March 1st, which is pretty amazing for me (who typically had several/week).

Big sister? Iyla has been going through a pretty intense attachment period centered primarily around MAMA the past two weeks since we've returned from California. This looks like her needing Mama to put her to bed, needing Mama to help soothe her to bed, waking in the middle of the night crying for Mama, and having several meltdowns with transitions when Mama and/or Papa have had to leave. Poor buddy! I am sure she is also hip to the fact that as my belly continues to grow baby sister is getting closer to her arrival. I'm willing to love on and spoil her as much as needed through it all! I mean, just look at this face:


Most looking forward to? Actually getting started on baby prep! I'm definitely feeling the time pressure, but my work just got quite busy so all of my spare time has been filled to the brim.

I DID happen upon all of my absentee maternity clothes from Iyla's pregnancy this morning (finally! I've been searching through our storage for months!) A little late in the game, but excited to have a few more options to see me through these last couple months of pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment