Thursday, May 10, 2012

11 Weeks


How far along? 11 weeks

How big is baby? We have a little lime today. Here's what the "What to Expect" website says about week 11:


Your Baby in Week 11 of Pregnancy

Your baby (now about two inches long) has been pretty busy this week, growing hair follicles, fingernails, and ovaries (if she's a girl). She has distinct human characteristics by now, with hands and feet in front of her body, with ears nearly in their final shape, open nasal passages on the tip of her tiny nose, a tongue and palate in the mouth, and visible nipples. What else makes her look human? Those hands and feet have individual fingers and toes .
Total weight gain: I was up 1/2 a pound this morning, but I think it is only because I am still suffering from wicked constipation.

Sleep: Pretty good overall. Though I have had a couple nights this past week where I had bad heartburn and/or nausea that kept me up.

Food cravings: I am back to eating my normal diet for the most part, which is great! I did make some chocolate chip cookies the other night, which were heavenly. I also bought a box of super fiber rich cereal- 15 grams of fiber/serving- in a further attempt to get things a 'movin.

Food aversions: Still not craving meats. And when I eat them they aren't settling very well, giving me a sour stomach at night. Maybe this babe is a vegetarian?

Symptoms? My nausea came back in the past couple of days. Yesterday was a bad one, with all day nausea & a strong sensitivity to smells. I also woke up around 5am this morning with terrible nausea & had to immediately eat a spoonful of peanut butter (which I keep next to the bed) in order to settle my stomach. Still very, very constipated, and have been sleepier than normal this past week. I also had a moment today when walking past our bedroom mirror where I stopped and marveled that YES indeed! -that stomach was sticking out!! I've noticed my belly button- which normally looks like a line/slit- is totally open & round- being pulled wider by the belly expansion. Crazy.

Guesses on the sex? I had a dream this past week that I saw our newborn, and it was a little girl. Then she bit me (what is up with that?) I also had a dream that one of the psychic women I know here in town was telling me it is a boy. So go figure....

Most looking forward to: Having our 12 week ultrasound next week, and hopefully "coming out" after we see everything is healthfully progressing. Every time I get a little paranoid that perhaps the baby stopped growing I just have to look down at my belly. SOMETHING is growing in there, that is for sure!

Here are two different belly shots from today:



Babycakes and I head into a 3 day seminar tomorrow- sort of an intensive therapy event called "Conscious Loving & Living." We are excited to hopefully deepen our bond & our communication in preparation for this little one to rock our world join our family. I will be bringing my pregnant lady provisions- a huge lunch sack filled with all sorts of snacks, so no matter what I am craving or how bad my nausea gets I'll be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment