Sunday, September 9, 2012

Nursery Nesting and 29 Week Updates

How far along? 29 weeks (as of yesterday)

How big is baby? This week she is compared to a butternut squash- estimated at just over 15 inches & 2.5 pounds. The baby apps say that this week begins a rapid growth phase where she will put on nearly 1/2 lb every week!

Weight gain? Up 15.4 pounds total, so about 1/2 lb from last week. I had an epiphany about all the comments pertaining to me looking small (despite my fundal height measuring right on schedule). I have a long torso! I don't know why I didn't think about this before, but it makes perfect sense. Even though I am petite (5ft 2 1/2-inches- and yes, I always count that half!) I am proportioned such that I have a long torso/shorter legs for my frame. So it would make sense that there is more room for baby to spread up and down vs. poking straight out in front of me.

 Fancy dress shot taken after dinner with friends last night. 
I had a "my belly is getting BIG!" moment

 And today's 29 week belly

Sleep? I've been having schizophrenic brain all weekend long, which is making me restless & finds me waking between 5-6am, unable to get back to sleep. My body SO wants to sleep more, but once my overactive brain wakes up, it's over. This has happened 3 discrete times in my pregnancy so far: 1st when we found out we were pregnant, then when we found out we were having a girl, and now with the nursery decorating (more on that a little later in this post).

Food cravings/aversions? Meats continue to sound too heavy & unappealing to me. I have been eating a lot of fish, watermelon, apples, & trying to get in my greens daily. Still loving sweet treats as well!

Symptoms? 

*Nose bleeds. These picked up again a couple weeks ago- most often happening when I blew my nose in the morning. I invested in a humidifier for our bedroom last week, and since then there has been a noticeable improvement.

*Baby movement: something shifted this past week- I think Baby Girl had a growth spurt. I can now not only feel her movements (which are a lot stronger!) but I can SEE her moving across my stomach. It is fascinating! I can also feel parts of her body poking around and undulating beneath my stomach.

*Baby hiccups: I have been feeling these at least once a day for the past week.

*Muscle pulls: My left glute was feeling pulled again this week. Then all of a sudden my right inner thigh was completely pulled & painful (without any definitive cause). It is still tugged a bit but getting a little better every day.

*Fatigue: Even before my brain went into overdrive this weekend I was having pretty intense fatigue over the past week. I would get a full restful nights' sleep then feel exhausted and ready for a nap within an hour of waking. This corresponded directly with the baby's increased movements. Now couple that fatigue with my weekend schizophrenic brain and I am feeling increasingly zombie-like.

*Braxton Hicks Contractions: still going on every day. I am pretty used to them now- they aren't painful but are quite uncomfortable. My entire belly turns into a rock and puts pressure on everything below it (read: bladder!)

Most looking forward to? Getting the nursery finished and organized! Our glider chair was delivered Friday, which spurred me into major nesting/decorating mode. I've been hitting a gazillion stores this weekend looking for the right lampshades, pillow, throw blanket, & rug. I am still on a mad hunt for the perfect rug and will try to post my progress photos later on this week.

Here's hoping my brain calms down enough this afternoon to allow me to nap, because I sure could use it.

1 comment:

  1. I am also 5' 2 1/2"! But I have a short torso do my babies went straight out in front. Your bump is so cute and round :)

    Good for you getting your nursery together! We don't have our glider yet, so the first couple of weeks with the babies are going to be gliderless :( I bought a yoga ball for bouncing in the meantime, I hope that will suffice, haha

    ReplyDelete