Tuesday, June 7, 2016

33 Week Updates: Baby 2.0

How far along? 33 weeks today!

How big is baby? The apps estimate at this time she would be around 17 inches long and 4-4.5 pounds. Baby is actively in the process of receiving Mama's antibodies toward good health upon her arrival.

How big is Mama? My weight gain has been slowing way down. Only up .4 of a pound from last week (140.8 total weight, so 30.4 pound gain so far). Baby is definitely still growing though, as I can actively tell her space in there is getting tighter and tighter!


Sleep? Still good overall, though for the first time this past week sleeping on my back has gotten harder. I'll get a bit short of breath and have to prop something under one side to not be completely flat. I've also noticed that when I fall asleep in the side lying position, I NEVER wake up on my back (which always used to happen!) Even my subconscious is having trouble flipping this mammoth belly over. The last couple of nights I've also awoken several times to a hand having fallen asleep.

Food cravings/aversions? I haven't been wanting red meat or heavier meals lately; rather soups, pastas, and lighter foods along those lines are what my body is craving.

Symptoms?

*For every "good" day I have- where I feel rested and energetic- I have 2-3 in a row where I am pretty exhausted in every.single.way.

*This week saw an uptick/return of bloody noses

*The Braxton Hicks contractions have increased

Big sister? Iyla has been in such a lovely place this past week. Super happy, affectionate, sleeping well, waking happy... she's definitely matured further in her perception and interactions with us.

Over the weekend her Mimi and Grampy were in town, and when she woke up Sunday morning and I reminded her that Mimi and Grampy had slept over, she immediately got an excited look on her face and asked "are you going to the baby hospital today?" It seems reading the "I'm Going to be a Big Sister" book every.single.night has definitely had an effect on her. So cute!

Yesterday we had an open house at Iyla's new "Big Girl School" that she'll be starting in late August. She was super excited to go, and did really well! They started all the kiddos out on the playground, then had a circle time in one of the classrooms. After circle time the parents were encouraged to leave the room while the kids played & interacted with the 5 Primary teachers. I never had to go back in- which was great- but she was definitely a bit over-stimulated when we reunited (she is, after all, an introvert at heart)! We are excited to see how it all goes come August.

Iyla is still insisting on either 1 or 2 buns in her hair daily.... good thing they are so adorable on her!


Baby prep?

The nursery furniture arrived (well, at least the dresser and crib...still awaiting the glider)! Here are a few shots of the baby's room... obviously there is still a lot to be done (curtains, rug, art, shelving, nightstand assembly, etc):


I also scored that Halo Bassinet I've been wanting off Craigslist for $75 less than it retails new! Very excited about this and hope baby girl likes it too:


In other prep, I washed all the baby clothes (still need to put them away in the dresser) and also cleared out the nursery closet. Baby steps.... baby steps! I can't believe how soon this little one is going to be here. Very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment