Wednesday, March 6, 2013

20 Questions

The PAIL Blog has challenged its members to a "get to know you' 20 questions game. I love these! Here goes....


  1. What was the last thing you threw in the garbage/recycling?  I just tossed several dryer sheets and lint- we are prepping our house for SXSW renters, and I have been doing endless loads of laundry. We have 9 people renting our main house for 9 nights, and 2 renters staying in our garage apartment for 5 nights. That means BC, Iyla, Sam (our cat) and I are moving out- spending 3 nights in a Wimberley Cottage (remember when we stayed there last year? I was pregnant and didn't know it yet!) then 6 nights in our 1 room studio apartment. Heaven help us!
  2. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? I have actually been playing the Bluegrass station on Pandora every.single.morning. It is my go-to for entertaining Iyla while I shower- she seems to enjoy the music as much as I do!
  3. What is your favorite quote? "This above all, to thine own self be true." -Shakespeare
  4. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Hands down- DISHES! 
  5. What is your favorite form of exercise? Brisk walks & yoga.
  6. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? My favorite time of the day is twilight- when the sky becomes a brilliant blue & you can feel the gentle relaxation of the day coming to an end. My favorite days are Fridays (end of the week! Date night!) and Sundays (they feel calm & laid back to me). My favorite month is November- it is my birthday month, Thanksgiving, almost Christmas time, and now Iyla's birth month!
  7. What is on your bedside table? A notepad and pen (for my overactive brain), my iPhone charger, a bag of crackers, a wooden box with medicine in it, the baby monitor, and a framed wedding photo of BC and I.
  8. What is your favorite body part? I had to really think about this one! I guess I'd say my stomach... I've always had a pretty muscular tummy, and I give mine serious kudos for stretching to carry a baby and then shrinking back up postpartum. It amazes me.
  9. Would you use the power of invisibility for good or evil? Elaborate. My immediate instinct was for good- but I'd actually most likely use it to spy on people, so I guess that is evil. ; )  I have been known to enjoy walking at twilight just because that is the time of day when people's home lights are on and you can get little glimpses into their homes & lives. Terrible, I know!
  10. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 28 is my mental age (I am 37 now). Old enough to be considered a contributing adult, be married, have kids... but young enough to still look good & have a decent memory.
  11. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? Plan a long trip to Europe!
  12. What is your biggest pet peeve? Crappy drivers & people being late.
  13. If you could know the answer to any question, what would it be? What happens after we die?
  14. At what age did you become an adult? I would say 23. That is the age where I picked up and moved from Wisconsin to Austin to start my own life (with no job & having rented an apartment sight unseen!)... and it is also the age I was when my brother died, causing me to confront some big life lessons & questions.
  15. Recommend a book, movie, or television show in three sentences or less. Annie Hall is a classic Woody Allen movie- filled with witty commentary, heart, & humor. LOVE!
  16. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? I threw a big party senior year when my parents were out of town- remnants of cigarettes & pretzels tipped them off. Totally worth the grounding that resulted from it!
  17. What was the first album you bought with your own money? HA- New Kids On The Block!
  18. If someone wrote a book about you, what would be the title? "She Sees the Sun"- I have an overall optimistic spirit, and can usually find the good & life lessons in the darkest moments. I also migrated from Wisconsin to Austin, Texas- largely for the 300+ days of sunshine/year.
  19. What story do you wish your family would stop telling about you? My Aunt Sheri loves to tell people about how she used to change my diapers- and how once at my Grandma's as a toddler I came out from a nap and handed my grandmother a piece of poo. Awesome.
  20. True or false: The unicorn is the greatest mythical creature. State your case. False: as a child I was obsessed with the Loch Ness Monster and did a huge report on it in 3rd grade, complete with a life size drawing (many, many pieces of notebook paper were taped together to create that sucker!) It can be argued, however, that this creature might not really be mythical...... 

2 comments:

  1. South by, holla! I'm in the thick of it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie Hall is a movie I have always meant to watch and then *instantly* forget before adding it to my library list. DONE. Hopefully it comes in soon! :)

    ReplyDelete