Monday, December 24, 2012

WSJ Update & a Holiday Photo Shoot

Iyla Grace is 6 weeks old today! And last night she hit a HUGE sleep milestone- only waking one time in the middle of the night to nurse. She went to sleep at 8:30pm and didn't wake again until 5 hours later at 1:30! At 4:30 her usual mid-sleep grunting began, and after rocking her Rock n Play a few times she stayed asleep until 6:30. A-mazing. This may be due to her having had a very alert day yesterday and also wearing herself out with a bit of fussy screaming last night, but I am hopeful that we begin seeing more and more nights like this.

On another note- if interested, we are published in The Wall Street Journal today! Right smack in the middle of page 3- an article on paying off debt. BC and I both don't like how we look in the picture- we joked he that he looks like a woman & I think my thighs look 10x bigger than normal. And I am pretty sure Iyla is screaming in that shot- hence her being turned away from the camera. : )  Here is the link- though you unfortunately can't see the article online unless you subscribe to the paper:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324731304578189361822008432.html

Not sure this will work any better- but here is a link to a .pdf copy a friend sent us:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1.1&thid=13bcdc7ead53e07a&mt=application/pdf&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui%3D2%26ik%3D2cd8a2b3e5%26view%3Datt%26th%3D13bcdc7ead53e07a%26attid%3D0.1.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26zw&sig=AHIEtbSE2Mg4GbTuJCHoQC_DnHAIEzEX7Q

I've decided I am going to start trying the Baby Wise technique of "eat, play, sleep" with Iyla- meaning I will try to keep her awake after she nurses during the day in the hopes of developing consistent nighttime sleep habits. And what better activity for our wake time today than a Holiday photo shoot?

Another photo shoot?!

Iyla cooperated for about 5 minutes before I had to pull in the big guns- her Wannanub pacifier. I had to alternate shots with the pacifier in her mouth, quickly pulling it out- taking another shot- replace, repeat.  

Happy Holidays from our family to yours!








1 comment:

  1. My husband and I saw your House Hunters episode and we both agreed, you are an awesome agent. :) You didn't say anything cliche like "cozy" or "you can always paint/demo/renovate". You gave it to them straight, and that's respectable! :) We are big fans of the show and like to critique, and we thought you were great.

    Also? I'm not going to die over how tiny Isla is anymore and wish for my baby to be tiny, because now that I've seen how petite YOU are, I realized a tiny baby just isn't in the cards for me. :) But you enjoy your little doll, she is adorable.

    So I'm absolutely positive your thighs did NOT look big in your interview photos. :)

    ReplyDelete