Thursday, March 29, 2012

5 Week Beta

Today I am 5 weeks pregnant. And today I got my 3rd beta draw. I told myself if the number was anything over 3700 I would be happy (3700 would be a healthy 48 hr doubling time from last week's 419). I could not WAIT for the nurse to call- a mix or nervousness and excitement brewing...

And.... my 5 week beta is:

8,398!! Progesterone 30. This little miracle bean continues to be a healthy fighter!! I pray that the growth continues toward seeing the little heartbeat in another 2 1/2 weeks. I am pretty nervous for that appointment, and working to stay hopeful that the miraculous nature of this pregnancy means this one is here to stay.

As far as symptoms go, more noticable fatigue set in yesterday... and my boobs are still extremely sore (though still not any bigger). I've also been voraciously hungry in the evenings. Despite the hunger, I have actually lost around 1.5lbs in the last week! I think the weight loss can be attributed to a mix between my body having a ramped up metabolism and the fact that I am no longer having cocktails (eliminating a lot of weekly calories).

And also? I am scared to have sex. Poor, poor BC.  Dr. Vaughn says it is fine to stay healthy in that department, but I am so worried it will cause spotting or cramping or other detriment to the little one. Sex can also trigger my migraines (which SUCKS)- and b/c I am not allowed to take anything for migraines right now, makes me even MORE hesitant. Boo. I don't think I can hold out too much longer though, and sooner or later will have to risk a splitting headache to keep that oh so important connection to BC. So next time you talk to me, if I mention I have a migraine you might just know why. ; )

8,398!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooo happy for you!! Since you can no longer have cocktails, I'll have one for you :) Rest up and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete